Thread: Jo Nesbo
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
When reading "The Snowman" I got irked by the way the story played out. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it so I'll use the Spoiler wrapper, but I'd like to know if the same thing happens in the other Nesbo books:

Spoiler:
I wasn't halfway through the book when "incontrovertible evidence" comes up that lays serious suspicion on a character. After some digging, a rock-solid alibi comes up and the suspect is off the hook. Repeat for character after character in the book, until we're down to two or three left to choose from with a chapter or two to go. After the first few false signals, I ended up knowing that none of the hot suspects were the real murderer as long as there were lots of pages left in the book.

I should say that I was still glad I read the book at the end, but I'm not sure I want more of the same.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote