View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #132
everklear
Enthusiast
everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.everklear shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kobo
Thirded (at least ... I haven't read the entire thread). Symptoms of menu items and cached press exactly as therealjoeblow describes. This is the second thing I noticed after the update - the first being the advertising. Not a good start for new firmware.

It occurs to me that the symptoms would be explained by a missing screen refresh between the initial menu item selection and the new screen coming up.

This is a major pain when trying to navigate the library and really does need to be addressed quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
As imsoawesome noted, I have the same BUG with menu items not being properly recognized with one press.

Eg, from Home screen - tap Home, then Library - Library gets hilighted black, but then just sits there locked, until I press it again, Then it goes to the Library, but has the second press in the buffer, and executes that second press right after, and actually opens the book that was under where the press was made.

Does exactly the same thing from Library when I press the View button, and the select one of the 3 options - the option selected turns black, and the device sits there until the choice is pressed again, then it changes the view, and opens executes the second press on the book that is at the bottom right, opening it.

I trust others will report the same, and I hope that the Kobo Dev's will release 1.9.17 IMMEDIATELY with this fixed, as it is a major pain!

Thank you

OH, and while you're at it, please add another option to the menu for the new new bar at the bottom of the home screen called HIDE, so one can turn it off. I have no use for it as many others and would like it gone.

The REAL Joe
everklear is offline   Reply With Quote