View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Kovid - sync_to_device() is the function that BookSync calls.

However as I have said to meme previously I would have thought that this would only solve one of the problem cases. Because forgetting the Book Sync plugin for a moment, imagine the common scenario of a user connecting their Kindle, selecting a bunch of books and then choosing Send to Device. If that user were to click on meme's plugin before that Send job has completed, we have exactly the same issue as with Book Sync. However in that scenario, there appears no way for meme's plugin to be "called back".

Hence why I suggested that a more generic solution to the problem might need to be found if possible.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote