View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueglide View Post
Darn guess I lose everything then. This whole ordeal has really soured us on the ebook thing. I understand the need for some reasonable DRM protection but this mess makes it hard not to go back to buying paper books. I have a sliver of hope that my Adobe support request will get them to 'reset' or whatever the activation issue...and I won't even get into the Sony server/software issues! Anyway, thanks for your help.
But didn't you say you can still currently buy DRM-Epub books from stores other than Sony? If that is true then the Sony Library is not using the right Adobe DE Id and it's that that needs to be fixed.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think if you can get Adobe to clear out your ADE account, remove both the Sony Library Software and the Adobe Digital Editions software and then reinstall the ADE software and activate the Adobe account, then install the Sony Library Software with the same (new Adobe DE) account when it asks for that, you will be good.

I know this is all very complicated if you haven't dealt with it before.

You should be able to re-download the Books from the Sony account I believe.

Last edited by kennyc; 12-29-2009 at 02:40 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote