View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Go to Preferences/General and uncheck Download Social Metadata. You'll still get covers and comments, but mostly no tags. Be aware that bulk downloads of metadata often return the wrong results. It takes longer to do them one at a time, but you get better results.
Extremely good advice . I just did my 400+ library (Manually):
Issues:
Wrong 1st (2nd,3rd) item in list. Sometimes the lookup Title needs the series name included, other times not

As the O/P mentioned: Tons of ?? tags

Problems with your existing data that prevents any match being found:
Code:
Like: & vs and
Fix and retry

Author name variations. (Normalize) : Robert Anson Heinlein vs Robert A. Heinlein .

Fix Title "Case"

Add Series names and numbers (not done by Meta Data lookup, at all) .

Choose-add Alternate cover images (that match your dead tree version?)

[I know I have missed some other reasons here.]

Nothing beats,good old, Eyeball Mk. I, with brain engaged.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote