View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #30
rgibbo
rgibbo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi been using your software for quite a bit now, I tried using others but none of the others are as good as this one, i've mainly been using the version hosted on erayd's server since I use a windows machine and just saved the files straight onto my reader.

Anyway, the online version has suddenly stopped working as it wouldn't download anything, I tried at least 10 different codes and they all wouldn't work. I'm a bit of a PHP developer so I downloaded it and tried it on my machine, after a lot of hacking to just get it running on my windows machine,the exact same problem came up where it wouldn't download anything.

After scanning through the code for about 15 minutes, I managed to found the problem, it lies with how the tool gets the page data from the site as it sends out a user agent string to help identify it, it seems fanfiction has blocked the tool's user agent string so the tool can't download anything. I decided to change the user agent string which was FLAG/1.0 or similar to the something differentand it seems to be working again now.

Well that's the solution if anyone else wants it.
rgibbo is offline   Reply With Quote