View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
count0
count0 began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
I'm doing something similar, using Box.com for cloud storage. I didn't want to use Dropbox because it will sync my whole library on every computer that I have connected to it. I don't want my library on my work computer, for instance, so I use a mapped drive to the Box WebDAV url for my account. That makes Calibre move very slow, though. A compromise I started is to use a sync program to a local directory on the one or two computers I don't mind having my library on. I sync a local directory to my cloud library, work in Calibre locally for performance's sake, then sync again. The other good thing about that approach is that I control when the sync happens. With Dropbox automatically syncing it would be running in the background like crazy. That may not be a lot of load on the system, but it is necessary load.

If I need to, I can access the library directly on my tablet, for instance, through Box.com - so I don't need to depend on Calibre to move content to my reader. If I really want to, I can use Calibre directly against the mapped drive. That works very slow, and is not suitable for bulk edits, but small changes to individual titles works all right.
count0 is offline   Reply With Quote