View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
A few days ago my KPW went to sleep mode by itself because I got distracted while reading and left it on. I returned to find the sleep mode image displayed, but the light still illuminated. I thought it was a bug, so I sent an e-mail to Amazon this morning reporting an issue with the firmware. This morning I noticed that the light isn't going off even when I close the cover [if I peek through the gap at the top I can see the LEDs illuminated] or press the power button. It stays illuminated for quite some time, whereas before I was fairly sure that it was turning off immediately.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior?

BTW, just tried a full reboot while typing this message and now it's acting as I'd expect.
You are not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
This happened to me for the first time today. Usually when I open the cover, I see the light turn on a split second later, but this morning I noticed it was already on. I put it into sleep mode, but the light remained on. It was only after a reboot that the light behaved normally. I hope this isn't a frequent occurrence.
I'm trying a reboot as I write this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitarywolf View Post
Possibly.... Yes. I'm guessing the magnet is causing an issue. Unless someone here can stay theirs has the light issue and not a magnetic cover?
I have the Amazon sleeve; no magnets anywhere, just a zipper. Here's what mine is doing:

(1) When I shut the device off, the light stays on for several minutes although I also see the screensaver image.

(2) When I plug in the charger, the light stays on for the entire duration of the charge.

(3) The light also stays on whenever the Paperwhite is connected to my computer via USB, but its behavior is normal otherwise.

I just finished the reboot and the situation is unchanged. I turned the unit off, and the light stayed on for 2 minutes. I had wondered if this "delayed-off" was a feature, but as others report that their units are turning off immediately, I suppose I'd better contact Amazon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote