Thread: PRS-600 Contrast Adjustment???
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon66 View Post
Hello! I have just bought a immaculate 600 due to wife wanting her 350 back after I have 'borrowed' it for a long time. I am a bit disappointed by the 600s 'sharpness' of fonts.
This was the big downside of the 600. Since the touchscreen on this model is a layer on top of the screen, contrast and sharpness of fonts suffered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon66 View Post
I have installed PRS+ which has added some useful functions, but I was wondering if there are any add-ons available to control the contrast etc.
If it isn't already in your Sony menu (like on the X50 models) then there is no method I'm aware of for controlling the contrast.

You can try georgiaeink25 font. I have used this font for a few months now and love it. A member of the Russian forum at the-ebook.org made some modifications to the Georgia font to increase the contrast on E Ink readers. You can find them here.

Hope it helps.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote