View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I would like to sync my calibre settings including gui plugins using dropbox so far I have just been using dropbox to sync my library but the calibre settings between computers are different. I am using windows xp on both the computers I want the sync in so their should be no much difference
I do exactly this. Calibre provides an elaborate bat file to control all variables. I have trimmed it down to just controlling the configuration location.

Quote:
@echo OFF
REM CalibreRun.bat
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REM
REM Batch File to start a Calibre configuration on Windows
REM giving explicit control of the location of:

REM - Calibre Config Files

REM Specify the location of the Calibre Config files
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SET CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=C:\My Dropbox\CalibreConfig

REM Location of calibre program files
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:
CD \Program Files\Calibre2

REM Display settings that will be used
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

echo CONFIG=%CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY%

REM The following gives a chance to check the settings before
REM starting Calibre. It can be commented out if not wanted.

echo "Press CTRL-C if you do not want to continue"
pause

REM Start up the calibre program.
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

start calibre.exe
Copy a configuration directory to your dropbox. This will be your master configuration directory, all of your plugins will reside here.

Unzip the attached batch file and place it in your dropbox. Edit the batch file so the areas above that I have placed in blue letters reflect your configuration directory and your calibre program directory.

Launch calibre via the batch file. All changes from now on will be in the configuration folder in your dropbox. Even though you will have separate installations on each computer the configuration file will now be in dropbox.

Keep in mind that if you use the Cntl R feature to restart calibre it will end up using the local configuration folder. You must always start calibre from the batch file to take advantage of one common configuration.

Future plugins will most likely include the images but if you have current plugins that have images you can create a \resources\images folder in the configuration directory and place the images there (see attached).

Create a shortcut to the batch file and set the icon to calibre.exe and you're good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin_images.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	63197  
Attached Files
File Type: zip CalibreRun2.zip (533 Bytes, 610 views)

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-21-2010 at 12:49 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote