View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I have never had Calibre fail to change the font size for me. I prefer to read Epub and have converted the file and font size from many formats to epub and from epub to epub (just for font size change).

Since I am ignorant of what the settings in Calibre do, I set the base font to 16 and the font size key to 16,16,16,16,18,18,20,20. This setting gives me consistent 16pt font for reading. If I wanted to ensure 18pt I would increase all settings by 2.

My 50yr old eyes are too old for most published ebooks without changing the font size. Sure I could use reading glasses, but If I can avoid reading glasses by increasing the font even better.

Good Luck.
I agree, I love being able to see without reading glasses (51 year old eyes) and I will try convert epub to epub changing to 18 font and see if that works. Maybe it doesn't like .lrf. I like .lrf justified right margin.

Not sure what you mean 16,16,16,16,18,18,20,20. Are you talking about margins? I just change base font size. I have an old version of Calibre. I tried the new one but it confused me, so I went back to the old one.

Thanks.
new is offline   Reply With Quote