View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
aconicq1
aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.aconicq1 is faster than slow light.

Device: pw2
I was looking to invert the eink screen (black background / night reading mode) but couldn't find a clean solution for kindle online. Although I could not get kindle reader to invert colors, I found a solution others were using with Koreader. Here is what I did.

-JB, KUAL, USBnetworking (optional)
-install Koreader
-run Koreader for the first time to create a (/mnt/us/)koreader/data/cr3.ini file

Then the aim is to do what trekk did here and modify the cr3.ini file: http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...=216960&page=9 switch the "crengine.display.inverse=0" from 0 to 1.

This can be done manually and then Koreader will always produce a black background book with white text, or you can make a few changes to the Koreader files to create a toggle switch.

A new file "koreader_night.sh" should be put in "/mnt/us/koreader/" which has the following lines (thanks muness):

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
sed -e'/crengine.display.inverse/ y/01/10/' -i /mnt/us/koreader/data/cr3.ini
echo "toggled inverse flag"

Then add a toggle menu item to the Koreader menu.json file.
Quote:
{
"name": "toggle night mode",
"priority": 5,
"action": "./mnt/us/koreader/koreader_night.sh",
"refresh": false,
"checked": true,
"exitmenu": false
}

Now you can read in night mode on a Kindle through Koreader and you can toggle it on and off.

Next step is to work out how to sync the book pages between Kindle and Koreader. Any ideas?

Last edited by aconicq1; 02-03-2014 at 09:57 PM.
aconicq1 is offline   Reply With Quote