View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Buying a product is a simple social agreement. I want to be paid for the effort I put in to entertain you, a time-honored tradition understood by everyone. I take absolutely no satisfaction from someone who takes my book and enjoys it, but does not pay me; I don't care if they thought it was the greatest book since Lawrence of Arabia... they're still a thief, and I don't care about the opinion of a thief.
If you're keeping track, I think you know what side of this issue I fall on, but I'll ask for the sake of discussion:
Would your opinion of the person be different if AFTER reading the pirated book, the person in question sent you a Paypal payment of price of the book, with a thank you note?

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote