View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:28 AM   #10
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Also, I guess that there are regional rights/censorship/legal issues that will allow some books/newspapers/magazines to be sold in some countries and not in others -- how that is solved with true roaming I have no idea.
My guess is that (assuming Amazon ever take the Kindle international) that it'll be like iTunes. You'll have regional stores, probably based around where Amazon already has a presence. Although I do think that some of the eBook stores will sell internationally, I think it's more likely that Amazon will follow the iTunes model.

On the other hand, they may decide that the US market is big enough, or that negotiating with all these different telcos is too much hassle and never bother trying to sell the Kindle internationally.
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote