View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #58
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
The recent dead and Nobel-laureate José Saramago is an adept of no quotes for dialog, which is inside a paragraph with nothing. I first hated it, then I've simply adapted. I keep don't liking, though.
Yes, I recently finished Cain by Saramago and there was a distinct lack of punctuation there. One sentence might be the dialogue of one character. The next might be from a different character.

It was a bit of a jolt at the start as I was thinking there might have been something seriously wrong with the formatting of my ebook. Then I remembered that Saramago was known for this and after a while, it became easier. However, I think I would have preferred the more traditional approach.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote