Thread: Accessories M-Edge's Kindle Cover
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #31
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Bought the red leather M-edge cover, and it came in the mail day before yesterday. I like the way it holds the Kindle more securely than the original cover. I miss the elastic band from the Kindle cover, though, enough that I'm going to go to a fabric/dry goods store and buy a bit of the elastic to make one for the new cover, so that I can fold the front cover back and wedge my hand in between front and back cover to hold the Kindle.

The fit and finish is very good, the color is a medium bright red, marbelized, with a gloss (maybe a little TOO glossy for me) and the interior is a paler red (definitely red, not pink). The little pockets look handy, although they are awfully thin - I won't be able to put anything of much thickness in there, but I like the ability to but a couple of index cards and a pencil in there for note-taking.

Also - the dogs find this new leather cover VERY interesting. The original Kindle cover, while leather, didn't interest them at all. I'm pretty sure this is not a good thing.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote