View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #18262
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Finished "Telzey Amberdon" by James H. Schmitz. This is the first of a four-book Baen collection of Schmitz's "Hub Federation" stories, and (mostly) features the adventures of the eponymous Telzey Amberdon, a teenage girl. Schmitz is an SF author who was enormously popular in the 1960s and 70s, but almost unknown today, which is a great shame. A very good read.

I originally bought this in April 2000; this is a part of my "read my old Baen ebooks" project.

On next to "Hope Reborn", the first book in the "General" series by S.M. Stirling and David Drake. On a small planet, 1000 years after the collapse of an interstellar civilisation, an ancient sentient battle computer seeks the help of a young man, Raj Whitehall, to unite the planet and rebuild civilisation.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote