View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #15
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
You're assuming that they're just dealing with your crash logs and nobody elses. That they will spend the time to look through every single one of your logs to find the common elements and then separate out the false information you're providing them. The only outcome is that you've just increased the workload of the Kindle developers for no reason.

Or you could just leave it alone and not do that and let them look at the diagnostic logs that gets generated anyway by the crash instead of generating a load of other logs which are useless.
The problem with that is that devices (such as Kindle) don't always know when an error has occured and Amazon never find out. For example, I take screenshots when ever a visible glitch occurs and I mail the screenshots in a ZIP file to kindle-feedback@amazon.com so that Amazon are able to diagnose the problem(s). I recently asked Amazon if they actually benefit from this or if it's only a nuicence, and they replied that it is actually quite helpful. I then asked them if I should include a copy of the message log (all_logs_as_of_xxx_xxx_xx_xx.xx.xx_PDT_xxxx.txt) at the time I took the screenshot of the glitch so that each glitch screenshot had a message log attached. They said that would actually be quite helpful because Kindle won't always know when a glitch has occured and won't send the log files to Amazon.
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote