Thread: Stuck in a Rut!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #46
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Nyssa, I'm glad your electricity is back on, but so sorry you were not able to relax and enjoy your book time. I have the same problem when my mom calls on my days off. I have learned that if I answer to the "What are you doing today?" with "I'm going to read," or "I'm going to watch a movie," that it somehow translates to "I'm not going to be doing anything, as I have all this free time and I need something to do."

I've learned to structure my answers to include chores/errands that consume a lot of time..
Thanks Dreams.

Unfortunately, I can't get away with that. She lives with us.

What really got me was, not only did she hear me say how much I was looking forward to relaxing today, and see me settled comfortably on the sofa with a book and soda in hand, she even decided to join me (grabbing her Kindle and glasses) for all of 5 minutes before completely changing course and dragging me with her!

Luckily (I hope) tonight will be better. My mom has gone to a concert at her church, Hubby went to pick up our eldest (and a pizza), and we have declared tonight as "Reading Night"! Wish me luck!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote