View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle app for pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
It would be nice to know :
  • an idea of cost (this bit is important)?
  • any comparison to e-ink battery life?
  • is it easy to make larger screens?
  • what style of OS would they use (ereader, tablet or pc)?
it looks like the future now.

Want
Battery life is supposed to be comparable to a Kindle. I blogged about the device a month or so ago and so I had done some research. Bottom line, compared to an iPad, the energy requirements were much lower. I'm sure watching video would take more than reading though.

I imagine the cost would be in the high end of the e-readers, and if it's in the new Kindle, probably what the DX used to cost before they dropped the price. (they did drop it, didn't they? I can't recall for sure)

I have no idea about the rest as the marketing lady was kind of secretive, I thought. Possibly because she's not supposed to leak info on who the buyer of the technology was. If it's a big name like Amazon, I'm sure they want to be the ones to make the announcement. I also think the 'fall of 2010' was a bit optimistic. However, maybe closer to Christmas? Or next spring?
Mary McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote