View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #64
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can understand where Meisler is coming from.
He says he's coming from having read and admired Peg Tyre's Writing Revolution article. Many people were impressed by Tyre's article. I know I was. So was my daughter. I interpret the OP article as an attempt to find another reason why education should focus on expository writing skills.

As for whether Bernard Meisler proved his case, well, he didn't. But I think the hypothesis is plausible. Some of the required habits, for good writing and good coding, are similar. Good writing requires rewriting, and good coding requires refactoring.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote