View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #46
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
Yep noticed that too. Some epubs have fixed spacing/margins and my kobo can't override those. The only solution i've found is to convert those files with calibre with remove margins checked and a minimal line spacing of 0% (basically it removes some stuff in the css file for me). Free kepubs don't seem to have those problems though.
My experience has been that books purchased from legitimate places and only had the drm removed do not have these problems. OTOH, books that I have gotten from other folks who have run them through calibre AND altered them so that a calibre stylesheet attaches may, depending on the choices made by whoever converts them. I recommend that if you have one of those books, remove margins and fonts using look and feel in calibre before uploading them to your device.

Non-kepub books used to run through the Adobe renderer. I am not sure if that is still true, but, in the end you will get what is specified in the style sheet.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote