View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #153
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
I assume you are talking about beta3b version. It created image with a problem, but after successful update DXG is just stuck at amazon tree screen.

I'm having slight problems entering recovery menu.

I managed to show it once so I know it works, but it timeouted (in just few seconds) and now I'm stuck on tree screen again.

I can see that power led goes off 9 seconds after holding power, and it seems that DXG needs longer than 60 seconds for first holding (once I managed to get into recovery I held power about 120 seconds).

Update: after a lot of trials, now I don't even get power led to turn on when plugged into usb. Rest of experiments will have to wait another day, since I run out of time today.

Should Kindle be plugged into USB while entering recovery?
Thanks, I accidentally removed the code to write custom DX/K2 specific files, so that's what broke stuff. Beta 4 is out. Better logging so I can find what goes wrong.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote