View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #28
galavanter
Zealot
galavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-booksgalavanter has learned how to read e-books

Device: jetBook, iPod Touch, Kindle 3
Yes please. I bought a jetBook and sold my Kindle 1. The buyer said my jetBook screen was sharper.

I also have an iPod Touch which allows me to purchase Kindle Books and transfer them to the jetBook after dedrming them.

IMHO the user experience of the jetBook is better than the Kindle, or any e-ink screen. The TFT non-backlit screen is easier to read and the instant page turns make e-ink seem slow as molasses. I would not go back to it as it exists today.

Everyone here who has purchased one seems to agree. Ectaco seems to be monitoring these forums and have promised dictionary support by the end of May for the new formats. The latest software upgrade fixed a bug in the auto off feature where it didn't always kick in. I have not experienced that problem once since installing version 30i.

The jetBook supports folders!

It is definitely a contender. The fact is, a MR jetBook forum will increase jetBook sales significantly. They deserve it. They have given me the best ereader on the market for my needs. MobileRead is the only ebook/ereader forum I am a member of because I have not found the need to look elsewhere. I like this place. I would like to see my ereader of choice adequately represented here. Thanks.
galavanter is offline   Reply With Quote