View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
I'm not trying to say "The Kobo is the best reader" -- just that you seem unnecessarily hung up on this ghosting thing.
Unnecessarily? If there is something that I don't care to see when I'm reading, I wouldn't call it hung up. I simply would choose a reader that didn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
A bonus, then. Frankly, if I had to look at that contrast-flash with EVERY page turn, it would drive me a bit batty. Again, YMMV.
Contrast-FLASH?
Sorry, that too would be something I don't think I'd care for either. I don't mind the formatting glitches or grammar mistakes when I'm reading, but I do want a clear screen with nothing flashing at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Every page refresh doesn't affect battery life too badly. I download 2 newspapers over wifi (and read them) as well as other reading every day, run with every page refresh and light on at all times when reading and since a full charge on Monday I'm only down to 66% on Friday.
That certainly sounds like good enough battery life. And the device is certainly light weight. I was impressed by that aspect of the reader. I just didn't like what I saw on the screen. I don't read in dark rooms, so I have no need of a backlight, but I guess for those who read before sleep, it would be a nice feature too.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote