View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Wow I really need someone to tell me if Kindle Fire HD will ever be able to (if it isn't now) access the Calibre Library via USB and not the over complicated methods of instructions linked above?

I just don't get it, I have read the link again and again.

Thanks!
Not on a Mac. The method that is used to connect to Android tablets via USB (the MTP driver) only works on Windows Vista/7/8 and Linux, but not on MacOS.

I would think that your best option would be to consider using the Calibre Companion application and a wifi connection? However you may want to wait for Chaley to make a statement about whether that should work for the combination of the Kindle Fire HD and Mac OS before you try that route.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote