View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
jsites
Enthusiast
jsites doesn't litterjsites doesn't litter

Device: Sony Pocket PRS-350 Silver
Reading .cbr files on my new PRS-350

So my wife got me a Sony PRS-350 for christmas. I know this because I work at the Borders store she bought it at. She knew I wanted a reader for christmas, and since I work at a store that sells a variety of readers, she wanted me to pick out the one I wanted. After playing with the Kobos, Sonys, Libre, and Cruz devices, I was sold on the Sony Pocket. I love the screen, touch, size, weight, and pretty much everything about it.

So I've started building an ebook library, but I've run into a snag. I have a lot of comics, manga, and graphic novels in .cbr files. I know that I can change the file's extensions to .rar and open them in a RAR program, and this would provide me with .jpg files for each page of the comic. I could then throw all of them into Adobe InDesign and export .pdf files, but this seems like a very long process. So what I was wondering is if there's some sort of .cbr to .pdf program that could automate the process.

I've seen several programs through some google searches, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations through personal experience. One thing to keep in mind is that I am running on a Mac, and I don't have Windows boot or a Windows emulation set up, so it would have to be something usable on OSX.

Thanks in advance.
jsites is offline   Reply With Quote