View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 AM   #8
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
I can understand why they would make a feature like this, I even appreciate that they put some thought into the system to achieve a certain measure of consistency between different eReader platforms. But from Pholy's post that this feature is prevalent on all Adobe Mobile based readers, and that people have inquired/complained about it, I don't understand why there isn't a simple toggle to turn it off. How hard would that be to implement??

But after reading Pholy's comment:

Quote:
Somebody at Adobe thought it was a feature, most of us readers think it's a bug. It shows up on every reader that uses Adobe to read epub files. Nobody knows how to get rid of it, because somebody at Adobe really likes it.
I'm not very optimistic that we'll ever be able to turn it off, and I'm trying not to let it bother me.
I'm not one of those people that are annoyed reading a book unless it's justified, so I've found I can at least offset the annoyance of the markers by not Justifying my epubs, which at least helps in the frequency of which those markers overlap text.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote