View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #1591
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx M92
I need little help from users of Onyx Boox M92 "black edition" (bought through Artatech).
I updated to latest artatech's firmware 20131018 without problem.
I wanted to use booxtor's updates, therefore I installed
M92 Unlocker (by seaniko7)

However, now it is not possible to get M92 to update ANY firmware (I have tried booxtor's 2013-07-17, booxtor's 2013-12-04, artatech's 20131129). M92 just says "no update found" and I must reset it 2 times to continue in normal work.

Could you help me to revert my M92 to initial state? I need a copy of update kernel from original M92 "black edition" (it is 3MB of memory overwritten by unlocker and I made backup of wrong part of memory). Please run the script copy_updatekernel_to_sd.oar
from SD card of your M92 "black edition" and send me the resulting file "copy_of_updatekernel.img" (written to folder / on your SD card).

The script contains command:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/media/sd/copy_of_updatekernel.img bs=512 skip=12288 count=5857
which skips 12288 blocks of memory and copies next 5857 blocks to ouput file.

Peter
fatran is offline   Reply With Quote