View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Going a bit off-topic. I have Hulu+. It's great that I can see current episodes of some shows that I like, but the the commercials are a real turn-off. The worst thing about it is the horrible user interface. It's not obvious how to add a show to Favorites, then you have this godawful "queue" that shows you episodes of your Favorites that you haven't yet watched, then there is this list of "watched recently" which doesn't always update. If anybody has any tips on how to get the browser interface to be more user-friendly, I'd love to hear them.
I haven't yet started my Hulu+ trial (have a two-week trial code) but I've used the regular Hulu and I agree that the queue is obnoxious. I recall adding a few seasons of a favorite old show thinking it would be like other services - the season in the queue / favorites then click-through to the episodes. But no. Endless list of individual episodes clogging the queue. Awful.

I will be using H+ with my Roku, though, and I haven't yet seen that interface. Since it's just another front-end for the same server-side services, I'm guessing it will be equally bad. But I'd really like recent episodes for shows that aren't on PlayOn (which I also have) so I'm going to try it out anyway.

I'm currently trying out the Amazon channel on my Roku. First impression - faster than Netflix using similar bitrate quality (SD). (I rarely stream HD - I've gotten bitten too many times by high-bitrate data hogs of mediocre quality. I have bandwidth caps and don't appreciate wasting it. Plus my eyes don't seem to notice enough of a difference, especially if the show or movie is engaging.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote