View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Do you want duplicates to be removed across downloads or only across feeds in a single download? If the latter, then you dont need to use a file, just store the titles in memory.

And generally speaking, you should use URLs as the key to check for duplicates, not the title. Less likely to have false duplicates that way.
Only single download.
Yes i realise there is a risk of duplicates and URLS get used.
I used a file because it was a way i could achieve what i wanted.

The recipes I knock together are the whole of my python knowledge and experience.
I am not a programmer - feel free (anyone) to make them better.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote