View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #14288
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I ... am now starting the Wheel of Time Crossroads of Twilight (book 10) in my re-read of the series in prep for the release of the last book next year.
I finished book 10 in the Wheel of Time, and am waiting before I move on to 11, The Knife of Dreams. I will try to finish one book a month in October through December to get prepped for the last book.

I read Broadmoor Revealed: Victorian Crime and the Lunatic Asylum, which was an interesting read although I skimmed a couple sections that went a little longer than I wanted. I also read The Giving Plague by David Brin which is a Hugo nominated short story written in 1988. It was worthy of the nomination and does not feel dated despite being written 25 years ago. It is available free at his website or at Smashwords and as an audiobook at Escapepod (I couldn't listen to it for quality though).

I am currently reading Hal Spacejock and hope it lives up to some of the hype I have seen where it is compared favorably to the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf. So far it hasn't, but I will finish it.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote