View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenchu View Post
Why didn't it show when I searched the Forum for 'Carrol, Lewis'?
Did you search it with quotes? It seems to work better without them, and without comma. Just searching this forum for "Carroll" works fine.

Quote:
The version is certainly good, and would have saved me a good deal of work.
However, mine is lighter (~1.5MB to ~6MB) and the illustrations are equally or (matter of taste) even slightly better. I have noticed that making .jpg files black-and-white doesn't made them smaller than greyscale, as a rule: ???
The illustrations in your version are smaller (about half size), but they have somewhat finer traces. They are probably from a better source (the paper quality of mine is not very good).

I'm not sure a JPG can be black-and-white, I think they can't be indexed-colour. I've only seen them RGB or grayscale. I'd guess a true grayscale image would not be larger if encoded as RGB, but an "almost" grayscale image can be reduced if it's encoded as grayscale, and all colour information is thrown away. For the record, your images are reportes as RGB by Gimp.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote