View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #171
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside40 View Post
The only thing which bothers me is that it dont support ePubs for iTunes.
They just dont show up on the iPad.

It is possible to read them as PDF, but then it only shows it to me site by site also in landscape mode, as ePub it would have the nicer Layout.
I abandoned ePub development a while ago. Last I checked it was compatible with iTunes, but maybe it isn't anymore. Anyway ePub comics are rather horrible. Zooming is a pain, pages sometimes render really small, and a lot of the screen is wasted by the virtual book. I recommend either pdf comics (not using iBooks) or better yet cbz comics. Stanza is free and is way better than iBooks for comics. If you don't mind spending money on a dedicated comic reader, Comic Zeal currently provides the best comic reading experience on the iPad (it's what I use every day for my comics). Fast zooming, manga mode (so you can read even cbz right-to-left), and awesome series organization.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote