Thread: Spell checker
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Sigil (like Word) uses the Single Document Interface system, and thus doesn't have "Close File". That's something for Multiple Document Interface applications.

I prefer SDI for applications like Sigil. Using MDI for a word processor would violate the Law of Least Astonishment, since Word, OpenOffice Writer, AbiWord etc. are all SDI.
I'm a big fan of Occam's Razor myself, but--still feels hinky when I have to exit Sigil just to "close" a file. Gives me heebie-jeebies. Makes me feel like there are bits and bytes out there, floating around in my ram that know not whither they should be.

Besides, when you're astonished as often as I am--the Law of Unintended Consquences operating full-time around here when I'm making ebooks--one more astonishment probably would go unnoticed, hence rendering "astonishment" into something ELSE altogether, by definition.

Okay, babbling now, I'm going.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote