View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I initially set the margin as far to the left as it would go, then clicked the + icon twice, and left it there while testing each of the margins. For some of them I noticed that the margin had reset itself about a quarter over from the left, but didn't do anything about that. It didn't seem to make any difference with the links, but I didn't test it. In fact I remember now that in one of the testing sessions not only did the indicator on the line move over but the margins of the ebook became very wide. I just set the margin back to +2 and started over.
I can see why you did it that way and as a programmer, I love seeing a tester who makes their tests consistent

The margins are sort of interesting. Up until FW2.3.1, if they were set in the ePub, the Kobo devices did not override them. Which I thought was good. In FW2.3.1, the margins are additive. What you set on the device is added to whatever is in the book.

Was your testing with only one book? A reason for the changes you saw is that the device stores the settings for each book if you make changes. It also save these settings as the defaults to use for any new books.
Quote:
The page numbers are not visible on the ebook right side margin as they are in ADE. There is a message at the bottom of the screen (taking up valuable reading space) saying PG 3 OF 13. Is this the page number you mean? Is there a way of turning this off?
I was talking about the ADE style page numbers. There is an option to display them. When the menu is open a the bottom of the screen, select the spanner icon and then "Reading Settings". The option is on page two.

The bottom page number can't be turned off. If it could, it would be very popular, though I don't know if I would.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote