View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #111
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina182B View Post
I did the manual update to 2.1.4 using the zip file in mobileread. As stated in the post, my touch did the update, restarted, updated, restarted, then I got the release notes. It took 4 minutes.

I'm experiencing similar things people have posted about:
- faster page turns (yey)
- going to home page is faster (yey)
- felbridge is gone (boo)
- no heart option to add to shortlist (boo)

I knew it was going to be like this going in, but am still glad I did the update manually since the page turns and going back to home page is normal now.

All my books are sideloaded. I didn't have to do a factory reset and my shortlist books are still saved in the shortlist shelve.
You can get all the fonts back that were in the previous firmwares as described here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=152

You only won't be able to use the finetuning with "sideloaded" fonts.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote