View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #168
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
I would like if I just toggle the status bar on, that it just shows the page I'm on, without recalculating the pages to allow for the status bar.
The reason it recalculates is because when you toggle the bar it takes up space on the page and it has to reformat the book.

What you want to do is to map a button to the hide panel option. (I use OK-long press). Then in FBReader180 you replace the status bar with the book information box: second page of "settings", first option; "disable status, show info instead". (I have it to show info until key pressed.) Under "advanced settings", you can choose what info to display in the info box; 10 yes or no settings.

The info box shows up on top of the current page so it doesn't displace the text and it only calculates the page count once. Every other time you call it up it already has a proper page count in percentage and xxx pages / yyy. Plus whatever other info you want.

I like it. It lets me read on a clean screen with decent margins and no distraction.

Hopes this helps.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote