View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #17532
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have you tried any of his "Wilt" books? More dark humour, about a put-upon husband who decides to take drastic action to rid himself of his domineering wife.

Another great book of his is Blott on the Landscape, this time in an English country house setting. Very funny. Was made into an excellent TV series starring M. Hercule Poirot himself, David Suchet.

He has also written a number of other standalone and short series novels, including Porterhouse Blue, which is set in a fictional English University, again hilarious. There is a follow-up, Grantchester Grind, which I can't remember having read, so it's now on my TBRL, thanks to your reminder .
Thanks for those suggestions. Indecent Exposure was my first exposure to my namesake's work, and it took his recent death to get me off my backside and reading it. But it certainly won't be the last, unless a meteorite strikes me dead today or something else unforeseen happens.

— Tom Sharpe, now an official Tom Sharpe fan.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote