Thread: iPad iPad and Future Shock
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #23
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
... i think if apple had the slot built in, then people would expect to be able to import/export any media they want, and complain when they can't. ...
Well, yes. I'd hope that Apple would make it possible to import/export any media when adding the SD slot.

This gets back to the Future Shock discussion in the original post. Most people (in our sample) don't need to read the manual to use an iPad, and I agree, it is intuitive. But the intuitive way to get photos out of a camera and viewed on the iPad is to take the card out of the one and put it in the other. The same applies to mp3 tracks and Word documents and anything else you happen to be carrying on a card or USB key or device.

My wife saw that immediately and for her (and me) it was a deal-breaker; or perhaps it's better described as failing to provide a deal-tipper.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote