Thread: iPad iPad and Future Shock
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #22
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
well actually i don't think they expect everyone to carry the camera kit.. not everyone buys it. to be honest i bought mine a few months ago and have only used it twice.

i think if apple had the slot built in, then people would expect to be able to import/export any media they want, and complain when they can't. by selling it as an extra labelled explicitly as "camera connection kit" apple can keep expectations low. you won't expect to import mp3 files and word documents with a "camera connection kit."

maybe it allowed apple to save a few bucks on the cost of the ipad. maybe they'll include it as an option on the next version if it is a very popular seller now. we could talk maybe's for a long time. but at least there is an option available now.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote