View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #368
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Some small amount of my taxes go to pay an acquisitions librarian to balance popularity, subject matter coverage, and quality as indicated by book reviews and awards. Personally, I would rather he or she earn their salary rather than filling out order slips based on requests from the public.

If that makes me an elitist, I plead guilty.

Here's the Overdrive link for last book I finished (in paper, purchased for $3.80 used):

Vimy

I'd rate it high in quality, but, outside Canada, low in popularity. Therefore, probably does not make the cut.

This isn't to criticize people who take advantage of libraries that honor patron buy requests. If they are going to take requests, I guess yours is as good as the next person's.
Would you have a link to your library?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote