View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
Swythan
Swythan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Deleting seems the only option...

I sent the same query to Kobo support and their reply was as follows:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care.

For the books that are giving you this error now we probably will have to delete and re-add the. After that you are going to sync both your desktop and your device.

1. Go to the Kobo website (www.kobo.com) on your computer.
2. Sign into your Kobo account.
3. Go to MY LIBRARY and select the TRASH section.
4. Check mark the eBook you wish to un-delete and select the pink UNDELETE button.
5. This will re-add the eBook to your I'M READING page and you will be able to read the eBook again!

To prevent this from happening again, when purchasing a book perhaps delete the preview first and make sure your device is fully updated.
Which is disappointing.

I actually tried this and found that it didn't actually work as described (the book wasn't in my Trash).

What I did was:
  1. Delete the book from my library (on the Kobo)
  2. Hit the "Sync" (cloud) icon on the top-right corner of the Kobo
  3. Went to "My Library" on kobo.com
  4. Checked the "Trash" section - It was empty!
  5. Went to the "Purchased" section
  6. Checked the box next to the book I just deleted and clicked the "Bookmark" button.
  7. Confirmed that I wanted to bookmark page 1
  8. Hit the "Sync" cloud icon on the Kobo again. This made the book download again. Hurrah!

That appears to be the quickest way to make it work. If it happens again I'll have to see if the web-based part of that is possible from the browser on the Kobo. The first time this happened I ended up having to get out of bed and head downstairs to the laptop so that I could carry on reading!

I hope it doesn't do this every time I buy from a preview. That would be a bit of a sales & marketing failure!
Swythan is offline   Reply With Quote