View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #26
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Maybe "horrific" is over egging it, maybe not. But there seems to be no acceptance that anyone might be offended. Yes, the mistake might have been silly - but for all its silliness it might well have caused offence. An apology for that would have both been appropriate and killed the story.
Personally, I just can't see how anybody could have such a low offence threshold as to be offended by a silly misprint in a recipe book.

The publisher, again, in my opinion, deserves a lot of kudos for refusing to pander to the kneejerk complainers and telling it as it is. He may be naive, and a reply like the one you suggested may well have been more 'sensible', but I find his honesty refreshing.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote