View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
I use the SD card exclusively... I always turn my unit off unless I'm going to get right back to it. I never use the keyboard lock. I had it go down one bar a couple of weeks later, when I had left it on for a while, thinking it was down three bars I hurriedly charge again. I am a sporatic reader but I've been loading and checking out the books. I've also read several short novel on it. I consider my battery life excellent.

But, remember, I turn my unit off, I don't use the keyboard lock.
Thanks! That makes sense. When "powered down" (rather than keyboard lock), then I would expect that everything in the unit is powered down, except for the VERY minimal "wake up" circuitry. So, in that scenario, you SHOULD still get very respectable battery life, even with the SD card in. (That's assuming that the SD card is the problem... which we don't yet know for sure.)
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote