View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Interesting idea. But what is your solution? To rarely use the SD card? To use it only for permanent storage rather than storage of books you are currently reading?
If it turns out to be TRUE (too early to tell), it will depend upon whether it's a general problem with ALL SD cards or just SOME. I do like having my library on the SD card rather than on the internal memory, but if using the SD card means the difference between 4-5 days of battery life and 20-30 days, I may well adapt, and keep a "core library" in the internal memory, keep the "full library" on an SD card which I don't normally keep IN the machine, but can carry it along if I think I'm going to need it.

I don't know. It depends a lot upon whether the SD card turns out to BE the culprit and whether it's ALL cards or just SOME.

I posted the note now, rather than waiting until my test has run its course, because I'm hoping to gather some data from the rest of you about your use of SD cards and how it correlates (or doesn't) with your battery life. Hence my interest in:

1) What's your average time until you drop to two bars?
2) Do you have an SD card in the machine most of the time or rarely?
3) If you use an SD card frequently (or always), what brand and model is it?

That info might take a while to gather for some folks, who may not have a good idea of what their estimated time-from-full-to-two-bars is, so I wanted to get the ball rolling now instead of waiting another few days to a week until my SD-card-less machine starts to drop its bars.

Last edited by ekaser; 10-25-2009 at 11:36 PM.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote