View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #36
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Really? I can't remember stuff being priced 1:1 for a long time, either way it's such a shame that sony are just playing it safe, trying to make as much as possible per sale rather than taking a braver approach and trying to seriously increase the size of the overall market in europe while they still don't have any competition as far as mainstream products.
Yep, I collect robots (Or I did until I got a mortgage), and my housemate more specifically collects Transformers...

And most are still 1:1:

An example. Optimus Prime, leader class (from the recent movie)

US:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3463203
$44.99

UK:
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...-Prime(0072008)
£44.99

Oh and I went to the Waterstones at Canary wharf. They have a nice new display case for "Ereading"

But it's empty. I checked behind the counter and they said they would be on sale from the 10th of September (which we already knew). He then checked to see if they would get display models any earlier. But they were listed for the 10th too :-(

Which is a bit of a pain, as an expat friend is visiting the UK at the beginning of Sept and said he would pick one up for me if I wanted it. But I don't want one until I've seen the contrast and glare for myself.

Last edited by Riocaz; 08-26-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote