View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #33
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Really? I can't remember stuff being priced 1:1 for a long time, either way it's such a shame that sony are just playing it safe, trying to make as much as possible per sale rather than taking a braver approach and trying to seriously increase the size of the overall market in europe while they still don't have any competition as far as mainstream products.

I guess with them not running the actual ebook stores in europe they don't get the same benefit from competitive pricing that they would in the states, but again that seems short-sighted too as now would seem the ideal time to try and tie up publishing deals that gave them the right to sell more globally via their current ebook store.
Yep- it's the right moment. There are a lot of markets (like Italy :P ) that see very little in terms of ebookstores (I can count proper sites on my hand without using all my fingers...). I know that there are probably a lot of issues with international copyright and so on, but that's what they have lawyers for no move, no money.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote