View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:04 AM   #32
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
It's actually not as bad for us as "normal". As least for me.

A lot of products that come to the UK at a $1-£1 mark-up.
Really? I can't remember stuff being priced 1:1 for a long time, either way it's such a shame that sony are just playing it safe, trying to make as much as possible per sale rather than taking a braver approach and trying to seriously increase the size of the overall market in europe while they still don't have any competition as far as mainstream products.

I guess with them not running the actual ebook stores in europe they don't get the same benefit from competitive pricing that they would in the states, but again that seems short-sighted too as now would seem the ideal time to try and tie up publishing deals that gave them the right to sell more globally via their current ebook store.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote