View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
Help: Disable Indexing Kindle Voyage 5.65

For my use, the Kindle "feature" of indexing every damned word in every damned book on my device is -- to put it bluntly -- stupid. Especially when the Voyage simply refuses to index the book ... lots and lots of books. This is no matter what I try, from deleting the index to deleting the book and re-transferring it to changing the format to deleting the metadata.

There *used* to be an easy method on my older Kindles, using debug, to disable indexing using the commands in the search box

;debugOn
~disableIndexing
;debugOff

This doesn't seem to work any longer on my Voyage with fw 5.65. Has anyone gotten this to work?
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote